The Moreton Bay Regional Prostate Cancer Support Group is one of 30 similar voluntary groups in Queensland and over 170 groups across Australia. We are affiliated with the national body, the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (PCFA) and we work closely with Cancer Council Queensland. The Group is presently the nearest support group outside of the Brisbane area and has over 100 members and their wives.
Our role is support, education and discussion and we do that well but we cannot provide specific medical advice. Meetings are attended by men coping with recent diagnosis, those who have had various forms of treatment, men living with prostate cancer and even men who have been cured. There is no formal membership and no obligation to attend every meeting. Come to meetings as often as you wish. A monthly news sheet advises of coming meetings and topics.
Members enjoy the social side of the group overcoming the depressiveness of the disease and getting on with life.
Second Tuesday of each month (Except January)
6.30 pm - 8.30pm (Light refreshments provided)
- • Fred Travis: 3480 5904 or 0404 495 898
- • Bill Hogan: 3888 9385 or 0418 150 524
- • Peter Ham: 3886 5511 or 0408 795 248
- • Email: email@example.com
- • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- • Call the Cancer Helpline 13 11 20 for any cancer or depression related questions
- • Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (PCFA)
- • For resources and links to other regional prostate cancer support groups go to www.prostate.org.au